CITIES’ ACTIVE STANCE AGAINST MISUSE OF NARCOTIC DRUGS IS VITAL IN ORDER TO PREVENT ESCALATION OF DRUG PROBLEMS.
Has your city joined?
The criteria for joining are simple: a decision from the Municipality to join, signing of the ECAD Declaration, and payment of the annual membership fee based on the number of inhabitants.
What does ECAD do for your municipality and for the international drug control policy?
- Is a common standpoint for leading decision-makers throughout Europe who show a united front against illicit drugs guided by the UN Conventions on Drugs;
- Is a unique platform for exchange of knowledge and best practice between decision-makers and specialists on municipal level;
- Works to disseminate knowledge about evidence-based and successful methods and new research;
- Develops and maintains contacts with local, regional and national governments, the European Union, the United Nations and other international bodies in order to actively represent interests of ECAD member cities aimed at intensified counteraction of drugs;
- Gives lectures, arranges conferences and seminars and initiates local, regional and international projects on drug-related topics all over Europe.
To achieve equal and uniform standards and to add transparency to the system with reduced membership fees, the Plenary session in Moscow, May 2013, granted the Advisory Board the authority to put a new model in place starting with the 2014 fees. According to the above mentioned, the Advisory Board decided to update ECAD member city fees from the year 2014. The new system is based on financial capacity, where cities/regions in Northern and Western Europe pay 100%, and cities/regions in Eastern and Southern Europe pay 50%. This does, however, not include cities/regions in Eastern and Southern Europe with more than two million inhabitants.
Furthermore, cities/regions in Eastern and Southern Europe can, on a written application to the ECAD Office, apply for a further reduction down to 50% of their actual fee, except cities/regions with more than two million inhabitants.
|City/Region Location||Inhabitants||Member City Fee||Possible
|All European Cities
|Over 2 million||12 000 €|
|Northern & Western Europe||Over 500 000||12 000 €|
|200 000 - 500 000||9 000 €|
|50 000 - 200 000||6 000 €|
|10 000 - 50 000||2 500 €|
|Less than 10 000||1 200 €|
|Eastern & Southern Europe||Over 500 000||6 000 €||3 000 €|
|200 000 - 500 000||4 500 €||2 250 €|
|50 000 - 200 000||3 000 €||1 500 €|
|10 000 - 50 000||1 250 €||625 €|
|Less than 10 000||600 €||300 €|