Cities which signed the ECAD Declaration in 2008/2009:
Bulgaria: Dobrich, Kardzhali, Veliko Turnovo, Vidin
CITIES’ ACTIVE STANCE AGAINST MISUSE OF NARCOTIC DRUGS IS VITAL
IN ORDER TO PREVENT ESCALATION OF DRUG PROBLEMS
Has your city joined?
The criteria for joining are simply : a decision from the Municipality to join, signing of the ECAD Declaration and payment of the annual membership fee based on the number of inhabitants.
- ECAD Resolution (PDF)
- ECAD Declaration with Signatory sheet (PDF)
- About ECAD (leaflet, PDF)
- ECAD Annual Membership fee (PDF)
What does ECAD do for your municipality and for the international drug control policy?
- Is a common standpoint for leading decision-makers throughout Europe who show a united front against illicit drugs guided by the UN Conventions on Drugs;
- Is a unique platform for exchange of knowledge and best practice between decision-makers and specialists on municipal level;
- Works to disseminate knowledge about evidence-based and successful methods and new research;
- Develops and maintains contacts with local, regional and national governments, the European Union, the United Nations and other international bodies in order to actively represent interests of ECAD member cities aimed at intensified counteraction of drugs;
- Develops Narcoconflictology as a scientific base for future professional drug control managers;
- Gives lectures, arranges conferences and seminars and initiates local, regional and international projects on drug-related topics all over Europe.
For further information please contact the Head office in Stockholm